Island of Sylt

Hey. Thanks to everyone who wrote to us about our shows in Canada. It warms our hearts to know our music reaches you in a good way. All our shows – Niagara,Belleville, and Spencerville were special to us. We hope to come back again soon! Sorry we can’t respond to everyone personally.

We landed on the island of Sylt today in a heavy wind coming off the North Sea. The pilots did a great job getting us on the ground safely but then they’re probably used to it. It was so windy on the western shoreline that we almost got blown off the beach while walking in the afternoon rain. We’re playing a small acoustic show tomorrow night for a very interesting company called Arqueonautas who make unusual and beautiful clothes and do remarkable things. Check out their website. Then we head for Paris to play at one of our favorite places – La Cigal. We are so looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, friends, and newcomers on this trip to Europe.

We’re going to rehearse tonight in a little restaurant at the Dorfhotel where we are staying. All of us are a little jet-lagged so we’ll probably be up late. Tomorrow we hope to see more of this beautiful island which is slowly being eaten away by the sea.

See You around…….sometime

The Modern Westerners

18 Responses to Island of Sylt

September 12, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Hi John, Great, great show at the Falls. I’m sure MW has made some new fans there. We got some nice pictures – even though I got busted a few times. I’ll put something together and send it off to my friend to load it on MW FB. Tell Blair I’m sorry I couldn’t get a decent shot of him – he really must move around to the front more often!! Also, Kevin’s “Angels” song was beautifully sung. Finally…. have a great run over there and a safe journey back to the states – hopefully with no wind sheer!
    Nelson (aka Nolan)
    p.s. I had no idea my parents made that sign… embarassed to say the least.

2. Andrea says:
    September 12, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Hi, welcome back in Germany.I wished I could be at your rehearsal.

Cu in one week

September 12, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Hi John, that’s great ! Yeah, I know ARQUEONAUTES, good clothes ! Enjoy and hope to see you very soon !

September 12, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Yours shows life always are great!!

5. Miikka says:
    September 12, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Great! Have fun in Paris… I was personally there in April and thought the Eiffel tower was worth seeing…especially visiting in the top of it! It was so – not beautiful but fascinating – landscape…Hope you’ll get in there sometime!

P.S. As I’ve so many times begged before, I just would love to see you guys in Finland sometime!

6. Heike says:
    September 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Welcome to Germany guys. So sad you got such bad weather on that especially beautiful island of Sylt – Germany’s favorite VIP spot. Enjoy your days. If you like fish try the ‘Matjes’ and the ‘Nordseekrabben’ very special food in Northern Germany. Enjoy the beaches and taste the air – very healthy but not only that.

7. kris says:
    September 12, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Wishing you safe travels through Europe and have a wonderful time!

8. iguane says:
    September 12, 2011 at 10:58 pm

welcome back in the good old europe guys! 😉 enjoy your stay to the max don’t work to hard and try to get some rest!! c u around in paris eh! 😉
    oxox igz

9. Ludmilla says:
    September 13, 2011 at 6:13 am

It’s wonderful to have you back! Have a great time, I am sure we will 🙂

10. Simone says:
    September 13, 2011 at 11:20 am

Schön, dass ihr sicher auf Sylt gelandet seid! Vielleicht sehen wir uns mit Hilfe von Arqueonautas persönlich in Dresden. Ich drücke die Daumen …! Ich wünsche vorher ein wundervolles Konzert in Paris. Bis bald!
    Simone

11. Vendy says:
    September 13, 2011 at 11:54 am

Welcome back in Europe! So happy to have you here again. See you around…. in Munich.
    Vendy

12. Janine Seelow says:
    September 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Hi you all,
    I´m a fan of Kevin since i was 16. Now I´m 34, married and have two kids. Its the first time in 18 years that Kevin is so close to me, because I live in Niebüll. A VERY! nice feeling to have you here on this beautiful island. Would like to see your concert this evening but there is no way 🙁
    Thinkink of you tonight 🙂
    Regards from Janine

13. Eggi says:
    September 13, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Your are on a North German Island and the wind belong to it. It is nice to take a walk at the beach and the wind is blowing – ok a storm is more than a wind 🙂
    Enjoy the time and take care of your voice.
    So glad to have you back in Germany. See you in Berlin

14. Heike says:
    September 14, 2011 at 10:46 am

In Germany everybody knows what is meant by the expression ‘Nordseewetter’ – North Sea Weather- now you know what is meant by this, too. So sorry, but unfortunately your fans could not make better weather for you.

15. Birgit says:
    September 14, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Hallo Jungs,
    welcome back in Germany!
    And enjoy your Tour in Europe.
    See you in Offenbach!
    Ich freue mich……………

16. Birgit says:
    September 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Hallo Jungs,
    wellcome back in Germany.
    Enjoy your Tour in Europe!
    See you in Offenbach!!!
    Ich freue mich…………..

17. Birgit says:
    September 14, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Hallo Jungs,
    wellcome back to Germany. This so great!
    Enjoy your Trip in Europe.
    See you in Offenbach!
    Ich freue mich………….

18. hilde grumeth says:
    September 19, 2011 at 9:58 am

In Austria, always has the phrase “The weather is one of sunny disposition” is meant – sunshine weather-All concerts will be viewed with and admire your music-art with a good aspect. The concerts are simply professional with a lot of personal commitment made. One can only congratulate you, that everything continues to be good to your satisfaction.