KCMW Tells The Story Behind Their Songs: “Let The River Carry Itself”

Somebody in the band said this once, and it just felt like it needed to be a song.  We’re not sure where the saying originated, but the sentiment is right on–Let the river carry itself.

If we accept the fact that we’re not in control, it releases us from the pressure of trying to get it all right. It’s a reminder that there is something bigger at play than just us.

13 Responses to KCMW Tells The Story Behind Their Songs: “Let The River Carry Itself”

September 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I love this song, when you don’t know the right way, it’s better Let the river carry itself, and suddenly the answer appears.

2. George says:
    September 10, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Good song with a good message… “Let the river carry itself”

3. Debbie School says:
    September 10, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Great message, hope to see you all soon!

September 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm

That’s a kind of song that I like very much: music and lyrics … I’m so impressed with all new songs,they are awesome, you’re awesome !

5. Heike says:
    September 10, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I can only join my predecessors: Awesome song. My favorite. Hope so badly we will be able to listen to it live in Europe!!!

6. maria ribeiro says:
    September 10, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Já é uma das minhas preferidas. Otimo som!

7. Jemma says:
    September 10, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I will say a big Amen,to that!!
    I have used river analogies alot through some of my work with movement and performing.I have only heard this song twice and Im humming it already in response today to a few tense situations,,so thanks,my new mantra.I was going to post this under your last post for,”Hero”,but here feels better.
    A benediction as well:
    “Deep peace of Running Wave to you.
    Deep peace of Flowing Air to you.
    Deep peace of the Quiet Earth to you.
    Deep peace of the Shining Stars to you.
    Deep peace of the son of Peace to you.”

Very safe travels to you all.Its all good.

8. Deborah says:
    September 10, 2011 at 7:14 pm

The River is probably archetypal, it is a metaphor that has been with humanity since the earliest times. It refers to “going with the flow”, but that assumes there IS a flow.

9. Heike says:
    September 10, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I want to qualify my statement. This is not my favorite – that would not do justice to the other wonderful songs but it is a real earworm. Listen to it one time and you don’t get that tune out of your head.

10. Azul says:
    September 10, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Amen.. should be my mantra.. but I also hear another song about not being able to resist going down to the raging river! Thanks for your always unfolding inspiration!

11. kris says:
    September 11, 2011 at 1:43 am

Another one I love everything about!

12. anna petronella p says:
    September 11, 2011 at 8:45 am

Kev, I still struckle with my fear of ignorence, leaking responsability or let it be. Love your commends and think about them a lot, your wisdom is inspiring and makes me feel a ashame, I should know better, just a bit damaged over the years. If your not in control others than the devine take over your live. I need to tune in closer and find the balance. Love Anna PP

13. hilde grumeth says:
    September 19, 2011 at 10:13 am

Wonderful, there is one song. It means the river is a moving and flowing into the unit.
    In this movement of the river become a tremendous force that can not keep. This is a force, it flows without end and see it lives on in their life force.