KCMW Tells The Story Behind Their Songs: “Where Do We Go From Here”

Everyone has had that one magical night, that one irreplaceable time, which has gone forever. Everything afterward is measured by that moment.

This song takes place in Ventura in 1969 – a time of great change in this country – a new generation headed north to San Francisco in search of a new identity. First love was hard to come by, but that all changed too, one night at the County Fair.

17 Responses to KCMW Tells The Story Behind Their Songs: “Where Do We Go From Here”

1. Stéphanie says:
    September 6, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Great!!!!

2. Debi Christian says:
    September 6, 2011 at 5:46 pm

K.C. and Modern West, Now that is a song…… You Guys ROCK !!!!!!!!!

3. Stéphanie says:
    September 6, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Great song!!!

• admin says:
      September 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Thanks, Stéphanie!

September 6, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I love this song, it reminds me of some days and nights full of hope and future… Living great moments!
    Thank you to post the songs.
    Adriana from Barcelona.

• Medolark says:
      September 6, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I like Where Do We Go from Here. It brings back lots of memories. Ü

5. carole says:
    September 6, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I love this song reminds me of all the county fairs I went to over the summer when I was younger.and the funtimes i have now!

6. Jeanne says:
    September 6, 2011 at 8:53 pm

This is a great song … reminds me of my high school days … 1969, the year I graduated. Thank you for the great songs!!

7. George says:
    September 6, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Great song guys !!! “San Francisco,…” The new album is gorgeous !!!

8. Jemma Blackwell says:
    September 6, 2011 at 10:42 pm

At first this song made me a little sad,the thought of moments lost,….but then, somewhere, there’s a feeling of expectation, and knowing those moments are not lost, but held,and hopefulness brings more.Its a beaut,thanks for posting.
    Jemma

9. Ersilia says:
    September 7, 2011 at 4:58 am

Wow, 1969 was a very important year for the American young people, the 60ies, flower children were about to get born, Woodstock, Monterey pop and all the music roundups,Some say that the American dream died When the 60ies revolution failed,I studied all that at my American history lessons at University, but I don’t think that the American dread died, it’s still alive and during this very difficult moment for the Whole World, I know that American people will stand together and overcome every crisis

September 7, 2011 at 7:38 am

I’m showing your song to my coleagues, they love it! Each song is better the last one. Thank you!

11. Ludmilla says:
    September 7, 2011 at 8:29 am

Oh, Larry! And the guitars, and yes I love the vocals too LOL
    The ultimate pick me up song!
    Can’t wait to listen to you live…

12. Andrea says:
    September 7, 2011 at 10:01 am

Hi Modern Westerners,

I was a little surprised about the sound of the song. As far as I remember you have played a song with the same title at your show in Mannheim back in Oct. 2009, but it sounds quite different. Am I completely wrong?
    cu soon
    I hope this time weather in Germany will be nicer to you.You should have been here two weeks ago. 😉

• admin says:
      September 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Hey Andrea–

You are right–good memory! We wrote two entirely different songs with the same title. We recorded the one you heard in ’09 for the last album but ended up not using it. Then this version resurfaced, and we really liked the way it fit with a lot of the new songs on From Where I Stand.. We’ve been having fun with this one live–hopefully we’ll get the chance to play it for you this month!

• Adriana says:
        September 7, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I like this latest release, recalling great moments lived.

• andrea says:
        September 7, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I’ll wait for it in Offenbach.And if you play it,it’s just for me …..and a few others 😉 We’ll have lots of fun,just like last year.