Strathmore / Northern Lights

Northern Lights is kind of in the middle of nowhere in Clifton Park NY in a strip mall next to a Dollar Store.  Dino went to the Dollar Store when it opened and bought some coffee cups because the bus was out of them and early in the morning we were forced to drink our morning coffee out of small bowls. With the bus moving it was pretty tricky and needless to say some was spilled but Blair and I will do anything to have a cup of coffee in the wee hours.

Northern Lights lights up when the night falls. We  love that place. Thanks to everyone who came and made our night.

The night before we were at The Strathmore in Maryland. It is an incredible theater – huge with 4 or 5 levels of balconies which wrap around from the back all the way to the sides of the stage.  People were so high up we all got sore necks looking at them. Their cell phone lights in the far reaches of the dark looked like tiny fireflies from the stage.

Northern Lights – a great rock club.  Strathmore – a beautiful theater. So different but both the best in their own way.

Tonight…The Park Theater in Providence RI

See You Around….Sometime

16 Responses to Strathmore / Northern Lights

1. Dolly says:
    April 7, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Hi John! Didn’t you feel like little mouses on the Strathmore’s stage? I felt something like vertigo when I read your text about Thursday’s performence. I love the way you describe the things you live! God bless you all, Modern Westerners! And See You Around….Once In Switzerland! Dolly

2. Simone says:
    April 7, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Hi!
    Get well soon to your necks! Have a lot of fun tonight!
    Simone

3. Eggi says:
    April 8, 2012 at 10:30 am

Thank you John for the report. It must have looked funny “like tiny fireflies”.
    Happy Easter and much fun on your tour and always enough coffee to all of you.
    Eggi

April 8, 2012 at 11:05 am

I agree with them. It’s easy to visualize and to feel what you write.
    I like the way you explain your experiences each night and your adventures each day.
    Hoping see you soon!
    Adriana from Barcelona.

5. Holly says:
    April 8, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Thanks Kevin and the whole team of Modern West for a great evening at Northern Lights!!

6. ilmi castro says:
    April 8, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hi,John!
    Good Morning and Happy Easter.Just wanted to let you know that I like a lot your work and your comments.I check everyday this page to see what’s new,also love the photos.
    Great job!
    Ilmi A-Puerto Rico

7. Mary says:
    April 8, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Hi KC&MW,
    Thank you for coming to Strathmore. It gave me an excuse to visit Washington DC. Three fabulous days, walked around the city and met great people, picked up my Obama tee shirt and ended by going to your concert. Sara was terrific and you guys awesome! Love your songs and music …. makes me happy and wish I was young again.
    Would like to see you in a venue where the crowd goes wild! Maybe a trip to Canada would be good. Any suggestions?
    Thanks again, love you all, Mary

8. Mary says:
    April 8, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Sorry, the last two sentences did not read well…. loved your concert at Strathmore and am looking for reasons to visit places I have not already been. Would love to go out to the Canadian West.

9. Michelle says:
    April 8, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Northern Lights was great! You should try Saratoga Performing Arts (SPAC), Proctor’s, or the Palace. You guys are the best and I love the 3 cd’s.

10. Lynne says:
    April 9, 2012 at 3:36 am

Loved you guys at the Strathmore… I would have liked for you to introduce the band… the quiet dude in the ballcap, upstage R was a trip, as was your hot, rockin’ violin player who has his own band (but I missed his name)… You were all awesome… and Kevin, I love your laid back style and devotion to what you believe in… loved the song about the First people… 500 tribes or nations or something… and your latest about the Hatfield and McCoy women… very moving… loved Sara Beck too. Next time I want to see you guys in a smaller, more intimate venue… seems more your style (well, maybe more MY style…). Anyway, Thanks for a great evening.

11. Kate says:
    April 9, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Hope you guys will play Syracuse or Buffalo on your next trip up here…thanks for the great evening!

12. Laraine Desmond says:
    April 9, 2012 at 3:52 pm

It was a great night at NL with KC and the band. I did not know what to expect and was thoroughly surprised by the cerebral offerings. How often does one leave a concert feeling intellectually respected? That KC feels such compassion and empathy towards soldiers suffering PTSD so much so that he puts it to words then uses music and himself to present the idea to others is greatly impressive and appreciated. Regarding history and the American experience, I agree we are a remarkable people, but don’t be afraid to acknowledge that along with our strength and intelligence there also is the likes of desperation, greed, self righteousness – not because we are bad, but because we are human. We are only as smart as our memory and lifetime knowledge allows us to be. The rest is up to faith and the golden hope of passing it on towards something greater. As with PTSD, the changes and the arguments can take a long, long time. KC’s lyrics and charisma keep the issues filtering towards a better outcome. People are asking me what KC was like and I tell them he is a balladeer, a compelling, sensitive, poignant, story teller – a troubadour, if you will. And then I say, “Go see him!” Thanks for doing what you do. Great show. LRD

13. Sandra says:
    April 9, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Hi all,
    Thanx for the great show at Strathmore! It was kinda energetic. Yeah, and the hall was definitely quite big and high.
    Good to know you got real coffee cups again. :)
    Wish you good times on all still upcoming venues on your tour!
    Take care and Greetings from Germany,
    Sandra.

PS: @Bobby – really Germany, not Barcelona ;)

14. MADDIE says:
    April 11, 2012 at 7:03 am

Hello Mr. JOHN & KCMW, Your tour is a great success every where you perform. Most people have not heard of KCMW. That’s changing every day of your tour. What an achievement! Cheers to YOU. We should call this your Debutour. I was excited to receive the tickets in the mail today, and when I told my cousin THERESA she was happy, too. THERESA didn’t know about you guys before. She was surprised when I asked her to come with me. We’re looking forward to YOU and to The FOX and to hanging out together. I don’t get to go out, and I’m going to have so much fun. It’s time-I’m overdue. I have to get some binoculars so I can”See you at The FOX” CIAO, BABIES ps Tell Mr.DINO he did good. I’d have to have my coffee before I could go to the store. I’d be looking for a new shoe.

15. Laraine Desmond says:
    April 11, 2012 at 8:19 pm

This information just came my way regarding http://www.saratogawarhorse.com. Located at Ruggles Road a few miles east of Saratoga Springs the WarHorse Project is offering a program that brings together horses and suffering Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, “the former offering unconditional love, and the latter needing a restoration of trust.” Sanctioned by the Veterans Administration the WarHorse Project is currently in the funding phase. To learn more, check out the website listed above.

Nia:wen Takia’tison Ne Watkonnonhwara:ton – Thank you, Creator for all you
    have given me. Thank you, I love you for it.

April 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Hi John !

Strahmore is a beautiful theatre, I liked it a lot as I liked your show … what a great moment in time. Isabel and I enjoyed so much the whole evening ! Now, at home, we have sweet, sweet memories ..
    Great to know that you have now good coffee cups ! :-)
    A big hug