Ft Wayne / The Opry / Jackson Miss.

Thanks to all the new and old fans in Ft. Wayne who endured the late afternoon heat and stuck around for our show at the fairgrounds. We had a great time and thanks also to Jimmy the groundskeeper who let us wander through the abandoned county land next to the fairgrounds. We all hope your drought breaks soon and the rains come down.

We played a short Hatfield/McCoy set at the Opry the night after Ft. Wayne. Both Lillie Costner and Sara Beck joined us on stage. Lillie sang her song “O Mallie May” and Sara sang “I know these Hills”. We also played “Famous For Killing Each Other” for the first time in public. The five song set was soulful and dark – very different from the sets by The Oak Ridge Boys and Charlie Daniels. The sold out house seemed to really like what we did. Most people have never heard our songs and are listening to them for the first time.

We drove all night after the Opry to Jackson Mississippi to play Hals and Mals in the downtown area. They served us some wonderful meals both for lunch and for dinner – fried catfish, gumbo, shrimp salad, red beans and rice – mad us feel right at home – Thanks to Jane for taking such good care of us. The sold out house that night was as wild a crowd as we’ve ever played to. The night was hot and humid right after a thunderstorm rolled through an hour before we played – we were all drenched in sweat by the time our set was over. Thank you Mississippi. We’ll be back in November.

Next up…..Oklahoma

See You Around….Sometime

29 Responses to Ft Wayne / The Opry / Jackson Miss.

1. Stacy says:
    July 20, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I’ll be seeing y’all in OKLAHOMA!! Wooohooo.

2. Scott Fox says:
    July 20, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Love your music, I really hope to get the pleasure of hearing it love sometime. I live in Chattanooga, TN!! Thank you. Rock on guys. Keep bringin the joy!!!

3. Kris says:
    July 20, 2012 at 6:41 pm

What a fun concert in Fort Wayne (even if it was a bazillion degrees out)! This was my first exposure to your music, but it won’t be my last.

4. Karen says:
    July 20, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Was at the Opry on Tuesday, and all of the songs were great. Lily was very special and I love her song, Sara was great as always with her wonderful voice and I am glad she got to have her “moment” at the Opry. Of course loved Kevin’s singing and the “wink” I got, hope to be able to come to a rock and roll concert you do on the next tour…up loaded some pictures on Facebook for you that I took, see you around…….Every one is great and I hope to get to meet you the next time!!!

5. anna caruso says:
    July 20, 2012 at 6:58 pm

sono una tua ammiratrice,mi piacciono tanto i tuoi film e in particolare: Balla con i lupi e guardia del corpo. Sono di Roma e spero di poterti vedere in una tua venuta a roma. Iam deaf e vorrei che i tuoi film venissero sottotitolati.

6. donna R M says:
    July 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Good to know you are alive and well on the road… Yep honey, its hot and humid out there.!! Woo Hoo, keep Hydrated and not only wine and beer! I myself am headed to the NC Coast Outer Banks.. Hoping there will be a nice ocean breeze….em cant wait to smell the ocean and good seafod cooking!! Yep be safe and take good care because I do want to see you around sometime just not sure when??

7. Josh Rieuf says:
    July 20, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Really enjoyed your show in Lansing for Common Ground. Music was awesome and the memories priceless. Thanks Kevin Costner and Modern West.

8. MJ and Hen say says:
    July 20, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Was at Concho,OK on Thursday. Very entertaining and loved how the stories and music were woven together. We’ll keep an eye out for when you’re back in OK.
    Laters baby!!

9. Dee Roberts says:
    July 20, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I was at the fort Wayne concert and worked the gate . I bought one cd and would like to purchase more where would I go to get more CDs?

10. Heidi says:
    July 20, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Saw y’all at Hal&Mal’s!!! Super hot was the crowd and the show!!!! Glad that you enjoyed being here and that you were fed right!!! See y’all in November!!!!

11. Marilynn says:
    July 20, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I was at the Opry with my hubby & son(he is in band The Northlake Movement- around Nashville) I went with the sole purpose of seeing Kevin and the band!!awesome songs, girls were great!! congrats on Emmy nominations for H & M

12. Deborah says:
    July 20, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Ah, so Lillie does the song she did in the mini-series when she sings with the band. It is a lovely song. She has a lovely voice.

13. Candy says:
    July 20, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Thanks so much for coming to Jackson! Really enjoyed the show. Great to hear you will be back!

14. Jean Jordan says:
    July 20, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Enjoyed the night at Hal and Mal’s in Jackson, MS yes it was very hot, but it was worth time to see him in town, can’t wait til he comes again. Thanks for the great night looking at Kevin Costner and the lovely Sara who has a beautiful voice, great performance..

15. Melinda says:
    July 20, 2012 at 11:37 pm

When are you going to a fair near us??? Orange County, even San Diego would be nice for us SoCalists….:)

16. Alexandra says:
    July 21, 2012 at 3:44 am

I so very desperately want to come down to Durant tomorrow night to see the show, but I already have obligations to sing the National Anthem at Oklahoma City’s annual $25k Grand Prix at the OKC Fairgrounds. 🙁

Rain check via one more show in Oklahoma before Ontario for a fellow musician? 😛 The OKC Metro would be the perfect centralized location for a little impromptu concert. 😉 I have a friend coming home from California on August 3rd that is also kicking himself for not being able to see you guys.

… I confess, I’m also not so secretly an epic fan of Kevin’s. What can I say? I’m a woman, the fascination is hardly suspect. I would go so far as to say the justification for the allure is about as subtle as a swift kick to the head. 😛 You’ll have to forgive my gender, we’re rather hopeless in this respect.

17. Rose says:
    July 21, 2012 at 4:24 pm

My husband and I went to the show at the Opry Wednesday, July 18, 2012 for our 20th Anniversary. Our trip from Sault Ste. Marie On Canada was well worth it. Kevin and the band were fabulous and Kevin’s daughter was such a great singer too. Loved the show. The whole Opry experience was great.

18. Kathy says:
    July 21, 2012 at 11:21 pm

We loved the show in Fort Wayne. You did an awesome job and we are listening to the new CD we bought continually. Now we have 3 of 4. Thanks for a great night!! We think Lily has a beautiful voice and enjoyed listening to her also! You are so easy on the eyes 🙂 and the band was wonderful too of course!

19. Shannon Nicole says:
    July 22, 2012 at 2:08 am

Mississippi loves you! Can’t wait to see you again! The music awesome-crowd was awesome and it was a good time!!! I have a song request! The Angels Came Down…

20. Concetta Toy says:
    July 22, 2012 at 5:46 am

Hello dear Kevin and band do you already kow when you will be in Germany again? especially in the near of Frankfurt Main? Thanks you are great! I’m very impacient to see you again. lovely Concetta

21. Char Johnson says:
    July 22, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I was at the Opry on Tuesday night and it was an awesome show. I loved the songs from Hatfield and McCoys. They complimented the mini series perfectly. It is great to listen to Lilly sing and to watch how proud it makes her father watching her.

Char Johnson

22. Victoria McCauley says:
    July 22, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Drove from Ft. Worth Tx. to your show in Durant OK last night. Fantasic from beginning to end. The band is so talented and the songs touch me down to the bone. Kevin, your cooler than the other side of the pillow! Thank you for a great evening.

23. K. Holder says:
    July 23, 2012 at 3:03 am

I had plans to attend both Oklahoma shows but had to cancel to be with my family after a tragic accident took the life of my cousin’s toddler. Nothing would have kept me from my family but I so hate to have missed the chance to see Kevin & the band. Are there any plans in the works for more performances anywhere in the South? Good Lord willing & the creek don’t rise I will be there next time!

24. Sonya Gore says:
    July 24, 2012 at 12:30 am

On July 17, I drove 10 hrs. or more just to see you in person, Kevin! You are my favorite actor but you never looked my way! I was 2nd row from stage if you look to your right of the audience. Please come back to Charleston, S C or better yet, to Myrtle Beach , S. C.(Vanna White’s hometown) to “The Palace”. If you sing there, they will come!! (Kenny Rogers and The Rockets have toured there not long ago. I live in Tabor City, N. C., about 45 minutes from Myrtle Beach. I enjoyed The Grand Ole Oprey on July 17 but I want to see you Center stage & back stage if possible! Please let me know your tour guide for the fall and upcoming year. I want you to autograph a picture so bad, and I have requested that my family play your song “Peace In The Valley” at my gravesite. You have such a peaceful voice that I would never tire of! Sincerely, Sonya

25. Marla McIntyre says:
    July 24, 2012 at 7:02 am

OMG OK so did I just read this right? Are ya’ll coming back to Jackson Miss in November? OH MY PLEASE TELL ME I READ THIS RIGHT :).I was there at Hal&Mal’s. I was the girl up front with the banner that read “#1 Bucket List” that Kevin signed. Yes,I was the crazy fan that cried lol.. I love him, I mean I love all you guys, but I LOVE Kevin lol always have. I have always said my life would not b complete unless I go to meet him. all my friends know this about me so they made this banner for me. I was the absolute happiest women in the world when he took that banner and signed it then gave me his pick. No one was stealing my shine that night :). When he handed that pick to me I kinda acted like a silly/crazy fan but I couldnt help it, lol. That was a BIG deal to me, I seriously think I cried for 2 hours. I mean it was SERIOUS! I absolutely adore him and I have all your cd’s, I was also the one that knew all the songs. Yeah, I know I sound kinda crazy, but this was most def one of the BEST nights of my life! I wanted so bad to get to meet him and take a pic, but I didnt get too 🙁 OMG I was so sad about that! The banner he signed and the pick he gave me is now put safe away in a shadow box. If you were to go look at my fb page you will see what I mean :). I kinda love him – and you guys too of course :).. My goal last Wednesday night at Hal&Mals was to scratch #1 off my bucket list-well I can do that for the most part but I didnt get to meet him and get that pic I so desperatly wanted. If I got that I could for sure mark #1 off the list! With that said, PLEASE PLEASE tell me I read right and you guys are coming back to Jackson in Nov! I still need that pic :)… So like can I get a ticket like um now maybe 🙂 Oh and maybe a small tiny pass or promise or something to meet this man lol.Other people got to meet him, get on the bus, take pics and stuff and even though I am completely estatic bout what he did do for me that night I have to be greedy for a min, I wanted the chance they got 🙁 They got my chance, not fair 🙁 Im am pretty awesome, I deserved that bc I am a Kevin Costner junkie for sure :). Come on now just think how good ya’ll would feel to make someones life long dream come true 🙂 My smile will make you all smile I promise and I will even try not to cry! So PLEASE PLEASE tell me how or what I need to do to make this happen? I wont faint or fall out or nothing I promise and all I want is this life long dream of mine to come true. Ya’ll can make this happen cant ya??? PLEASE 🙁 :)…… Check out my Fb.Come on help a girl out! 🙂 PLEASE!!! Does this sad face 🙁 help any???? 😀 <3

26. susanne grotjan-dion says:
    August 3, 2012 at 3:38 am

Thank you Kevin Costner for attending the Telus World Skins. That was so awesome of you to donate your guitar to the IWK Health Foundation. We hope that you had a great time golfing in Nova Scotia, Canada. Your concert with your group at Pier 21 was just awesome. I love your songs, each one being a story to listen to. I’m sorry that some people just kept talking. I was listening to your songs in fascination. You and the rest of your band are absolutey terrific. What talent there was right in front of my eyes. I never ever thought that I would see you in person. For me, it was a real thrill and all my friends are like so jealous. LOL. Thanks for your guitar pick, that’s a treasure that I will guard and show to my friends and family. Again, thank you for attending the Telus World Skins and we do hope that you enjoyed yourself. Best wishes, Susanne :):)

27. jean motley says:
    August 4, 2012 at 8:44 pm

John – Thanks for all you do

28. franca porrini says:
    August 23, 2012 at 6:39 pm

hy guys,
    i’m and old fan of yours and i yust want you to know that i like the new songs so much, expecially “Devil’s a long way from home”.
    Kevin, vour voice is lovely…and the guitar so sweet. thank you!!
    Please, come in Italy soon…

29. Simone says:
    September 14, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Dear Kevin, Dear John and band!
    I have longing for some words of you …! How are you? What are your plans in future? I vividly recall on last September and I wish all of you a glamorous autumn!
    Warm regards