Sun Peaks B.C. July 7, 2012

Sun Peaks  B.C. is a long way from Minneapolis. We left Saturday night after the show and we’re still driving – just crossed the border in North Dakota at 7AM Monday.  We’ll get into Minneapolis for our show there tonight at the Guthrie Theater just about load-in time – 1 or 2 PM.  There are 9 of us on the bus plus 2 drivers.  It ‘s a long drive and  a long story.  You might ask, “Why are these guys starting their US tour in Canada and why are they driving their bus all the way across the Canadian Rockies and  the Great Plains. Are they crazy?”  The answer is yes – but a complicated yes – not as crazy as it seems……and we do like the bus better than the airports.

Our USA tour through the midwest begins today July 9.

Sun Peaks has a summer music festival which we headlined this year.  We played a 90 minute set against a beautiful backdrop of green mountains as the sun went down. The audience was wonderful and Kevin as usual made everyone feel like “part of the family”. A Brown bear sat on the edge of the forest listening to the music.

See You Around……Sometime

57 Responses to Sun Peaks B.C. July 7, 2012

1. Juliette says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Hi! When will you come in France?! I’m looking forward to hear and see you!! 😀

2. Beth Franklin says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Sounds like you guys and the audience had a great time in the ambiance of the out doors. I like that a bear sat on the sidelines watching and hearing you play!

3. Pamela says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I do not get to leave my farm often but plan to when you play nearby. Looking forward to it.

4. Bill says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Thank you again for the great show…and for making it fit into your schedule…safe travels and say hi to all for me…

Cheers,

Bill Jaswal
    Jelly Events

5. Penny Lovell says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I have tickets to the July 21 show in Durant, OK. I have been trying to see about getting meet and greet passes. I gave tickets to my daughter for her 21st birthday in June and we are going together. She has mentioned several times about how she wished she could meet you guys. Would really appreciate it if you have any information on this, letting me know what I need to do. Thanks so much. Looking forward to the show.

6. anna caruso says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:14 pm

i am deaf sono anna caruso mi piacerebbe linguaggio gestire italiana l.i.s interprette laura santarelli docente lis piacere non posso presente troppo lontano distanza 🙁 purtroppo io impazzire famoso attore Kevin Costren io sempre poster foto anni io ex lavorato IBM ITALIA S.P.A OPERATRICE MIO UFFICIO SEMPRE manifesto foto kevin costren piacere vi presente?? quando mai tempo anni piacere incontrerai ??? ti saluto ciao by by anna caruso roma italy …………:)

7. Diane Jones says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm

thanks for traveling to Minnesota on your tour, look forward to seeing you guys tonite at the Guthrie, you are awesome!!!!:)

8. Tom Buckingham says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Great concert Saturday night! Babe Ruth once said, “Never let the fear of striking out get in your way”. Thanks Kevin for following your instincts and beginning your music career with your band. Our instincts more often than not lead us to great decisions. You hit a home run with this one!

9. Ann Rosena says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I hope you will play Boston soon…?

10. Katharine Tom says:
    July 9, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Thanks Kevin and Modern West for the awesome music at Sun Peaks in Kamloops. Hope you had at least as much fun as I had during your concert.

July 9, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Long ways in bus are less heavy if you’re enjoying it. Have safe travel.
    Adriana from Barcelona.

July 9, 2012 at 5:42 pm

The scenery from the long haul on the bus must have been beautiful. The bear… he must have needed some much needed soothing – or maybe he was full on berries and just chilling out. Just got done canning the first crop of pickles and jelly – thanks MW for keeping me company in the kitchen while I chilled out to Famous for Killing Each Other. Cheers…
    Nelson

• BMLT says:
      July 9, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Awesome seeing that bear! any photo?Thanks! Must love Kevin and Modern West 🙂

13. Randi says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Could you PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEASSE come to Flagstaff or Prescott, AZ???

14. Carole Baldwin says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Been a fan of Kevin’s since I asked my husband who he was when we first watched the movie Silverado…loved him ever since. Happy that he plays guitar and sings…

15. Cindy Vits says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:07 pm

We had such anamazing time at your concert! SO entertaining and everyone was having fun! And it was wondeful being in the speciall access area – i was able to get so close to the stage! What a great view! Thanks so much for coming to our part of the world. I hope you’ll come back to Sun Peaks again! 🙂

Cheers!
    Cindy

16. kris says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm

The bear has great taste in music!

17. Dr Aomar Benslimane says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I still recall youyr performance few years ago in Atlantic City. My wife and I attended. So much changed since, my heart is still sensitive to the same beautiful people, beautiful music that i come to grow up with, discover more as if some gods on earh and angels took our hands to help us understand appreciate life to its full extent and further discover the deep sense of world community, public service, love and most of all the true meaning of being American. Once in a while our American dream gets shathered as unwanted events and people interfere or we just sin, make wrong decisions or have negative thoughts created by a wandering mind. My spirits have been elevated so high up that the current suffering i am undergoing feeling most of the time butchered will not diminish my resolve to move forward. Kevin and People like kevin through their amazing movies and beautiful music are one of those examples and benchmarks we cling to in the face of challenging times, sickness, adversity and confusion or when we just need to be reminded of the true meaning of being American in these troublesome politically charged times. Thanks for all you do and hope to see you soon. i just attended a concert for an Algerian singer at Prospect PArk in Brooklyn and I am attending another concert for the Philharmonic community in Central Park. These could be great venues for you to perform.

18. Marissa says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Can’t wait to see you guys in fort wayne!

19. Tracie Kroenert says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Come to South Padre Islans, Tx.!

July 9, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Hi John and Westerners !
    I’m sure that you have a good reason for drive this long way 🙂 So, have safe travel and enjoy it !
    I agree with you: Kevin always make everybody feels like “a part of the family” like you say, but also all of us make it, and that’s great !
    Hope you have a lot of fun and succes !
    A big hug
    Carme
    P.S. I must have a kind of problem because is my third attempt to leave a comment ! If my previous comments appears feel free to delete them !

21. Karen says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:37 pm

So glad to see your comments are back!!! Really enjoy reading them and looking forward to seeing you in Nashville!!

22. Nora says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Missed your April show in NY, are you planning on an East End adventure anytime soon? (Long Island)
    How about Fort Pierce at the Sunrise Theatre?
    Would love to see a show!!!!!!

23. Sarah Radtke says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I am so thankful for you guys, you guys are truly amazing. I am thankful to be seeing you a second time on July 14th in Saint Charles, Illinois. I will be singing to every song in the second row. I have never been more excited, other than the first time I attended your concert. It literally took my breath away! I am Mr. Costner’s biggest fan, and I thank god every day for the miracle of me meeting him. You guys are the best band in thee entire world. I love your music and listen to it every day. Im sorry for the long bus ride, but I very much appreciate it. Thank you. Since you still have a way to go, please check this out, it’s a newspaper article. Mr. Costner and everyone may find this interesting, please, take a look! Thanks for your time. I’ll see you in five days! 🙂 http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=456524&query=kevin costner

24. Lynne Bohn says:
    July 9, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I really enjoyed your show in Grande prairie Alberta. You engage everyone in the audience. Your storytelling is warm & intimate. Superb show!! ( Kevin shook my hand!)

25. Vendy says:
    July 9, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Welcome again at this website, John. Safe way on this tour, Modern Westerners and see you sometimes… again… in Europe.
    Vendy from Prague

26. patricia martin says:
    July 9, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Sounds like a great time to me traveling across the USA in a bus. Enjoy the scenery and be safe.

27. Dolly says:
    July 9, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Hi Modern Westerners! Thank you John I was waiting for your news! I’m happy to know that all is alright for everybody. Have a nice and safe drive (with enough coffee and cups!) and God bless you all!
    See you soon (I hope!).
    Dolly
    P.-S.: I envy this bear!!!

28. Astrid says:
    July 9, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Good to hear that you are having fun over there. still waiting to see you again in cologne, till then we´ll follow you this way and with my Ipod your music will follow me to Australia next month. Best thing to do on a longtime flight.
    And thanks a lot for giving us the “The Angels came done” – bonus track. it reminds me of war-expierences my dad and grandpa told me and in another way here is a feeling that comes to me remembering simple – but even deep feelings of lost and grief -so your song will support us all. Thanks and Enjoy your playing ! Astrid

29. Astrid says:
    July 9, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Good to hear that you are having fun over there. still waiting to see you again in cologne, till then we´ll follow you this way.

30. Sandy Carter says:
    July 9, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Travel safe! Can’t wait to see you here in OKLAHOMA on the 19th…countin’ down the days!!!!Been several years since I saw you here at The Wormy Dog!

31. sandy J says:
    July 9, 2012 at 10:55 pm

See you soon (July 11th) in Lansing Michigan, Common Ground.
    It will be the first time for us attending this annual event..
    and it is because of Modern West that we Retirees are braving the crowds.
    Travel safe guys… and keep cool. Michigan has finally cooled down a bit
    just for YOU.

32. Vicki Yoe says:
    July 9, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Cannot WAIT to see you guys at the Opry! Travel SAFE and “SOUND”..Get rest when possible..

Vicki

33. ilmi castro says:
    July 10, 2012 at 1:39 am

Hola! Hello,John,
    I’m very happy to read your news again.
    Greetings from beautiful Puerto Rico to all.
    Kevin hope you come here one day!
    Love,
    Ilmi
    PS…lucky bear!

34. Deborah says:
    July 10, 2012 at 2:02 am

How do you sleep on a bus?

• Diane Flohre says:
      July 17, 2012 at 11:16 pm

HAVE YOU SEEN THE BUS ? LOL !

35. Ersilia says:
    July 10, 2012 at 4:58 am

I’m so glad that everywhere you go across the States, Canada or Europe you leave
    a long tail of joy, good music and good feelings!Sun Peaks resort is such an amazing place especially for an Italian so far from that wonderful land!
    Minneapolis and Minnesota have great musical roots and you played at the Guthrie theater!Great!I hope you got a lot of fun over there! Keep on rockin’!

36. laCanadese says:
    July 10, 2012 at 6:10 am

Hi Kevin, John and all the band,
    I’ve been on Vancouver Is. at my niece’s wedding at a venue in the beautiful BC forests this weekend… so “close” to Kamloops and yet so far!!! You had a bear and we had 8 deer grazing nearby. Don’t you just love nature!? So happy to hear that the concert was a big hit for all the KCMW newbies!!!! I’ve seen you play 4 times in Niagara Falls and will follow the tour as you put smiles on lots of faces at each show!!!! Can you post The Kevin Costner Rap lyrics???

• Lauren Pilszek says:
      July 10, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Here’s the rap if you are interested 🙂

“The Kevin Costner Rap”

From the KEV, to the IN, to the COST, to the NER,
      I’m here to tell you about a win that occurred,
      Country 103 gave a great gift to me,
      A free night in Delta with my friend Amy,
      They also said “Hey, we know a pretty cool guy”
      He sings country music and can act on the fly,
      “If you build it, he will come” is a well known quote,
      And Message in a Bottle with a big ole sailboat,
      Now how about Tin Cup where a round of golf is played,
      Or Play it to the Bone was the answer of the decade,
      Let’s not forget The Guardian it’s my favorite dang movie,
      And the western waddle swag in Silverado’s pretty groovy,
      Kev I know we seem quirky and you haven’t met us yet,
      However, once you’ve heard this rap hopefully you won’t forget,
      That in order for us to win we had to be on call waiting,
      Time went by so slow it felt like we were carbon dating,
      And now we’d like to say thanks so much to 103,
      We’ll have a great time Kev that we guarantee!

~ Lauren Pilszek

• Nelson says:
        July 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Lauren, absolutely loved your rap ode to KC! Stellar moment – well done…

Nelson

• Adriana says:
        July 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I agree with Nelson, your rap was a great moment. Your creativity deserve this prize!!

37. Tom says:
    July 10, 2012 at 6:19 am

Babe Ruth once said “Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.” Kevin you followed your instincts and started your musical career with the Modern West. You hit a home run! Our instincts more often than not lead us to great life changing distinctions. Great concert in Sun Peaks!!

38. charlotte says:
    July 10, 2012 at 10:25 am

Hello!!!
    When KCMW comes to Paris? I look forward to seeing again(revising) you!!!
    Goodbye

39. charlotte says:
    July 10, 2012 at 10:27 am

Hello!!!
    When KCMW comes to Paris? I look forward to seeing again you!!!
    Goodbye

40. Myroslava says:
    July 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Hi 🙂
    I wish I was there at Sun Peaks. I hope y’all will have a lot of wonderful shows. And I also hope one of them will be in Ukraine.

41. Diane Flohre says:
    July 10, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I can totally understand being on the road vs airports ! Drive Safe and Be Safe!!! Have a Great time with USA Tour through the Midwest.. I wish you would try the Fraze sometime in Ohio !

42. Vicki Yoe says:
    July 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Hey Ya’ll,

I’m from Georgia. Can you tell? Traveling to Nashville next week to catch you at the Opry. So excited! Love your music and acting. Hatfields was incredible.
    Travel safe and get some rest when you can.
    Love, Vicki

43. Sun Peaks Lodge says:
    July 10, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Thank you for coming up to Sun Peaks. Everyone loved the concert, including the bear.

44. Christy says:
    July 10, 2012 at 8:58 pm

So excited you’re coming to Indiana! My sister has been a big fan of Kevin’s for years and she listen’s to Modern West all the time. She suffers from macular degeneration and is losing her vision. I am so glad you are coming while she can hopefully still see you all. Coming to the Allen Co Fairgrounds and getting there early to try to sit close. She still can’t believe it. Can’t wait!

• Diane Flohre says:
      July 11, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Where in Indiana?

45. Linda Wittur says:
    July 11, 2012 at 2:08 am

Thank you for playing Sun Peaks – the concert was wonderful I will be attending other concerts if they are near me.
    They do say that Music does sooth the savage beast, so I am sure the bear was very entertained too.

46. Amanda says:
    July 11, 2012 at 5:39 am

I am going to see them 2morrow at Common Grounds in Lansing!!!

47. Heather says:
    July 11, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Thank you Kevin and Modern West! The Sunpeaks concert was amazing. And thank you Kevin for being gracious enough to stop and let me have a picture taken with you earlier in the day. Canada loves Costner!

48. Victoria McCauley says:
    July 13, 2012 at 7:42 am

Hello Kevin and the Modern West Band. My sister-n-law suprise me for my Birthday with tickets to your concert @ Choctaw Casino in Oklahoma. I’m sorry to say but didnt know you had a band till I saw a billboard on the highway. Jump on internet as soon as I got home and I love your music and the Modern West Band sound. Look forward to a great evening and maybe I’ll get luck and win the meet and greet as well. You guys have a safe trip and see you soon.

49. James & Beth K. says:
    July 14, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Can’t wait to see you guys in St. Charles, IL tonight!

I think my wife can give some stiff competition for the title of #1 Kevin Costner Fan.

We are attending the show to celebrate our 3 Year Wedding Anniversary!

Hopefully there is a chance to meet the band some how after the show!

50. Jemma says:
    August 1, 2012 at 11:33 pm

So wish I could of been there! So much love the complicated yes answer!
    Continued success!

51. Eva Amaral says:
    September 21, 2012 at 12:15 am

Bella música! Me encante oirlos.Kevin, quiero que seas muy feliz!