24 YEARS OF THE BODYGUARD

the_bodyguard_1992_film_poster

The 1992 film, The Bodyguard, starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston, was released 24 years ago today. The film was directed by Mick Jackson and produced by Kevin, Lawrence Kasdan and Jim Wilson.

The soundtrack for the film sold more than 45 million copies worldwide and Whitney’s cover of I Will Always Love You sold more than 12 million copies worldwide. Two of the film’s songs – I Have Nothing and Run to You were both nominated for Best Original Song at the 65th Annual Academy Awards. The soundtrack was nominated for four Grammy Awards, winning three, including Album of the Year.

The film (DVD or Blu-ray) and soundtrack are both available for purchase on Amazon.

6 Responses to 24 YEARS OF THE BODYGUARD

1. John & Bonnie says:
    November 25, 2016 at 3:38 pm

My 1st date with my high school sweetheart was to Now way out starting Kevin Costner. Since then we have never missed a Kevin Costner movie and I have to say the Bodyguard was one of my favorites. We would like to Modern West one day.

John and Bonnie

2. Kathy Kohoutek says:
    November 28, 2016 at 1:53 am

I have seen all your movies, this is one of my favorites. I hope you do another soon, to go along with the first one. I seen you on Anderson Cooper talk show a while back and you said you were considering Princess Diana, that would have been awesome. So I will be waiting for another Body Guard to come out. Kathy Kohoutek

• Kathy Kohoutek says:
      November 28, 2016 at 1:54 am

Did this get sent????

3. CJ says:
    November 28, 2016 at 4:19 am

This movie, collaborated with the actors and actresses is TRUELY a classic, a movie one never forgets and could watch at any time.
    Happy Holidays Kevin!

4. Melissa says:
    January 15, 2017 at 5:30 am

Just watched this movie again. Love this movie and love my man Kevin Costner. He is so talented and awesome

5. Guard Force Security says:
    July 26, 2017 at 3:43 pm

This is a great tribute for Bodyguard.I have learned a lot from your posts, and I am thankful for that.